Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Milestones

Hey there-

Henry and Arthur learned how to tie a tie last night. (Well, Henry actually learned and Arthur was instructed)

Another milestone. Another milestone without Bob.

I saw Bob wear a tie about two times in his life, so it's not as if this was a milestone that I had visions of him doing with our boys. Yet watching our neighbor stand in a line in between the two boys while Henry and Arthur carefully mimicked his hand motions, I felt a little melancholy.

Yes, this is the same neighbor who helped Henry fix up Bob's bike earlier this fall. We have awesome neighbors, and I know it takes a village and all, but it would be nice if Bob was part of the village in body and not just spirit.

Now I will take Bob's spirit with me and walk across the street and watch Henry in his carefully tied tie play the cello for the holiday concert.

This one's for you Bob.

Thanks for checking in-

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment