Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mace Pese

Hey there-

I was seven weeks pregnant with Arthur (now 7) when Bob was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. I was eight months pregnant when we were in Omaha, NE for Bob's stem cell transplant. Arthur was just shy of five months when Bob died.

Needless to say, there were many moments of wondering.

Why am I pregnant right now? Is this really a good idea? Do I really need this right now? How can I handle two kids on my own? Is it OK to have a donut and Dr. Pepper when I am pregnant, because I am really stressed out right now! What were we thinking?!?!?!?!

Arthur came home the other day from school with an art project clutched in his fist. The assignment was to write something they could do.

I will mace
pese to the warld.

Arthur

Translation......I will make peace to the world. (I know, I know, we have some work to do on his spelling)

Well, I guess that answers all my questions, except for that donut and Dr. Pepper one.......

Thanks for checking in-

Irene

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!

    What an awesome kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He amazes me! Thanks for sharing!
    Jenn W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO encouraging for me:) Same situation for me, but my boys are now only 4 and 2, it's so scary raising them some days but there is much hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara-

    A lot of hope!!! keep doing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete